Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who's connected with it, the studio's gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that's left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago. ~Tom Waits
I have an interesting relationship with music.
1. I don't karaoke. I cannot carry a tune. I have tried to karaoke, and it was an epic failure, on several occasions.
2. Concerts are not my favorite things. If it is a band I really, really like, I can get into the concert, but if a band starts playing, and it ruins my conversations at a restaurant or event, I get annoyed.
3. I love to dance....but I am not good....and I am a slow learner. I love zumba, but it took me several years of intermittent classes to pick up some of the basic moves.
4. At weddings, I'm always out on the dance floor.
5. As a kid, I always wanted to two-step the night away at the 4th of July Old Miner's Saloon Show and Concert nigh. The city would set up hay bales around a paved pavilion and a band would play old country music. I would sit on the hay and dream of being swept into the arms of a man, with whom I would dance the night away. I've never really mastered the art of two-stepping....
6. I do not like musicals. I can tolerate Grease, because it was a favorite movie of mine in High School...but other than that, I generally don't enjoy when people sporadically break out in song.
7. If I find an album or a song I enjoy, I can play it on repeat. For. Ev. Er.
8. I have trouble remembering the names of albums, band members, songs....even lyrics.....so if people are talking about music, I usually can't hang.
9. Do not send me to the jukebox.....I get anxiety that I will pick out lame music and everyone will throw food at me.
10. Sometimes I need total silence. Music disrupts my ability to focus and think. That's probably why I like to write in the early morning, before the day is filled with distracting noise.
11. If a good song comes on the radio, I like to turn it up as loud as my car stereo will go and JAM!
This is my 'slice of life' blog.
My Art Teacher Blog:
This Little Class of Mine